Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Flowers

I tried to beat the head today by staying in my nice air conditioned apartment and used the extra fondant from my "present cake" to play around with some flowers. Now, I honestly had no idea even to go about this. So, I read up on CakeCentral.com, got some ideas, then pulled my fondant out. 

I decided to start with a very simple "rolled" rose. I give myself an 'F'.


Then, I used some flower cut outs, shaped them to give them depth, and layered. I give myself a D.


After, I played around with another rose-type flower. I ran out of the little fondant I had on this flower. I could have used a bunch more pedals. This one is my favorite of the three (which, honestly, isn't saying much). I give myself a C+. 


Looks like I definitely need some more practice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment