Saturday, August 7, 2010

While the boys are away, the girls (er...girl) play!

So, I'm home alone this weekend while my boyfriend is off on a Bachelor Party Weekend down (over? up?... I have no concept of where anything is in Virginia!) at Rockahock playing on the River.

After work this morning, I decided it was time to practice another fondant cake! Eventually, I'd like to create a little portfolio for future clientele. Maybe someday...

Anyway, I just threw the actual cake together - a two layer basic vanilla with buttercream frosting - because  I was really only into it for the decorating thrill.  I did the actual "present" part of the cake in black, well, at least that's what I was aiming for. But, it turned out more of a steel grey color, which I actually liked better! I did a white bow and ribbon accent.

I cut out a ton of little hearts to assemble on the sides of the cake...
...but I ended up not even using them because I liked the simplicity of just the bow.

Here's today's masterpiece!...

No comments:

Post a Comment