Friday, August 6, 2010

Nana's Treat

I wanted to challenge myself a little and try to make a fondant bow. Seth's "Nana" was recently moved back into her own home after a lengthy stay in a Nursing Home healing from a hip replacement. Since she loves sweet treats I used her home coming as an opportunity to experiment with another fondant cake!

I made this cake REALLY quickly because I basically just wanted to practice making bows. However, I ended up not having the hardening ingredient (that and it was almost 110 degrees out) and the bow ended up softening and flattening out a little during transport. I was still pretty happy with the over all effort though!

In addition, this was my first filled cake. Seth loves bananas so I make a chocolate cake with banana filling. The filling was really quiet simple, I just mashed up some (overly) ripe bananas, lemon juice and some frosting and smoothed the mixture in between the cake layers.

Nana and everyone else seemed to really like the cake seeing as it was gone in about ten minutes. Success!!

Again, here's another phone photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment